Pro 3, MBPro 2018, OS10.14 - rtf not recognised

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
dumiya

Pro 3, MBPro 2018, OS10.14 - rtf not recognised

Post by dumiya »

Hi
I have several problems.
rtf flag "unknown developer' and won't open with Nisus. or default to 'text edit'. I have tried making Nisus the default program to no avail.
zrtf files open with Nisus as normal. Is this the recommended file type now?
Is there a work around other than having to open each file with the "Open With" menu item

I have noticed when I sent Nisus file created on Pro 3 by email to Nisus Pro 2 the images are missing (in both rtf and zrtf formats).
I have experimented with a trial version of Pro 3 on. the receiving iMac and the images open as normal.

All else good - I think.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Pro 3, MBPro 2018, OS10.14 - rtf not recognised

Post by martin »

Another user with the same problem created a thread on this same topic. In it the user found a solution:
JHB wrote: 2019-01-04 05:06:48 I've sorted it out now. I guess that the quarantine flag hadn't been cleared yet for the updated NWP. When I right-clicked in Finder and asked it to open, it gave the stupid message that it would allow Read Me.rtf to always open (rather than NWP). I think everything is correct now.

John
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

dumiya wrote: 2019-01-03 04:58:13I have noticed when I sent Nisus file created on Pro 3 by email to Nisus Pro 2 the images are missing (in both rtf and zrtf formats).
I have experimented with a trial version of Pro 3 on. the receiving iMac and the images open as normal.
I assume that when you say the images are missing you mean only when shown in some kind of online or inline preview. If you actually reopen the email attachments using Nisus Writer then all your images should be intact, whether saved as RTF or ZRTF.
dumiya

Post by dumiya »

I have resolved the opening of .rtf files. (This problem only occurred using the latest 2018 MBP. I think there is an added layer of security on this model.)
It was something I had forgotten.
I selected a .rtf file created by Nisus.
I requested Information. I selected Open with Nisus as the default
THEN I noticed a selection below "open all files created by Nisus to open with Nisus.
All is now good.
All my .rtf files open with Nisus.

We will upgrade the Office Nisus to v 3. That will solve the "image missing' notification
So all is good.