We just released Nisus Writer Pro 2.1, a free update for all users of Pro 2.x. This update adds support for Mac OS X autosave, versions, and iCloud, but also includes a variety of useful macro enhancements. Some highlights:
• The directive "Macro.import" allows importing macro code between files, like traditional #include statements.
• The "Macro.run" command allows passing arguments to sub-macros.
• The @String and @Text constructs help reduce the amount of character escaping for regular expressions.
• Added ability to call user-defined commands dynamically using "Call" and @Command constructs.
• Allow the use of parentheses to nest expressions, eg: $value = (22 * 2) - 2
• Allow chained property access on values returned from object-type commands, eg: "$year = Date.now.year"
• Can now mark multi-line comments in macros using the /* */ notation (see macro reference for details)
Please see the Pro 2.1 release notes for more, though searching the updated Macro Language Reference for "v2.1" is the best way to familiarize yourself with the changes.
Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
1 post • Page 1 of 1