Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Nisus Hyphenation 
Official Nisus Person

In Nisus Writer, we have <B>5</B> types of hyphens. <OL><LI>The <I>first</I> type is obtained by simply typing a <B>Dash (minus sign)</B>. The dash inserts a hyphen at that point in the word and allows the word to break there; it is always visible. Double clicking on the word with this dash selects the whole word.</LI> <LI>The <I>second</I> type is called an <B>"en dash" (size of an n)</B>, it is available by typing Option Dash key. This is a non breaking dash that prevents hyphenation at that point in the word even with the hyphenation style applied (the word may break elsewhere). Double clicking a word with this dash selects only a portion of the word.</LI> <LI>The <I>Third</I> type is called a <B>"em dash"(size of an m)</B>, it is available by typing Shift Option Dash. This is a non breaking dash that prevents hyphenation at that point in the word even with the hyphenating style applied (the word may break elsewhere). Double clicking a word with this dash selects only a portion of the word.</LI> <LI>The <I>fourth</I> type of dash is called a <B>soft hyphen</B>, it is available by typing Command Dash. This will cause hyphenation at that point in the word and appears only when needed. Double clicking a word with that dash selects the entire word.</LI> <LI>The <I>fifth</I> type of dash is achieved by selecting the <B>hyphenate style</B>. This is the hyphen Nisus Writer places in the document when the hyphenate style is on. This has no ASCII value, and is not selectable through find and replace.</LI></OL>

2004-09-08 14:37:15
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]