Mavericks. The gift that keeps on giving. So much so that we are still finding issues. While we were at it we fixed a few other bugs and we decided to put out new versions of both Express and Pro.
These new versions contain the following fixes and additions:
- Fixed: when running on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard), could crash in certain circumstances.
- Fixed: lang: improved automatic hyphenation for non-English languages.
- Fixed: soft hyphens now transfer from Nisus Writer to Word properly.
- Fixed: lang: when running on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), could be very slow to show the list of languages.
- Fixed: images: editing an equation externally (eg: in MathType) now refreshes image correctly.
- Other bug fixes, stability improvements, and macro language enhancements.
This release, barring unforeseen circumstances, will be the last release to support Snow Leopard (10.6). The next release will support 10.7.5 and above.
If you purchased directly from our store, Nisus Writer Express and Nisus Writer Pro can be updated from within the app. Select “Check for Updates” from the “Nisus Writer Express/Pro” menu and follow the instructions. You can also download the update from the Express and Pro update pages.
If you purchased from the Mac App Store open the App Store on your Mac, then click the “Updates” view at the top of the App Store window (in Mountain Lion you should receive a notification that the app has been updated and is ready to download).
So if you have purchased Pro 2 or Express 3.x from our store or the Mac App Store, please update now. You”ll be very happy you did.