After the release of Express 3.4.4 and Pro 2.0.5 there were a few unpleasant bugs discovered. We decided to quickly fix those issues and release a new version. Therefore, we are happy to announce the release of Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.6 and Nisus Writer Express 3.4.5.
These new versions contain the following fixes and additions:
• Improved stability by addressing several bugs that could cause crashes in certain situations.
• Fixed: lists: should be able to set list starting number for a single paragraph in the document text, ie: override starting list number enforced by styles.
• Fixed: deleting some text should persist the formatting of that text in the typing attributes, eg: text typed just afterwards should have the same attributes.
• Fixed: import: documents with certain configurations of floating content could fail to import.
• Added: palettes: holding down the Command key when clicking a palette stepper’s up/down arrows will restore the old behavior, where the first shown value is applied uniformly to the entire selection, instead of adjusting all selected values independently.
• Fixed: palettes: using a palette stepper’s down arrow should affect all selected values, even if the first selected value is at zero.
• Other fixes and optimizations.
Nisus Writer Express and Nisus Writer Pro can be updated from within the app. Select “Check for Updates” from the “Nisus Writer Express/Pro” menu and follow the instructions. You can also download the update from the Express and Pro update pages.
Both Express 3.4.5 and Pro 2.0.6 are available now at our store and the Mac App Store. Nisus Writer Express is only $45 and the upgrade is $30. Nisus Writer Pro is $79 and the upgrade is $49. Academic versions and Family Packs (three licenses) are also available.
For those of you who have purchased through the Mac App Store, Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.6 and Express 3.4.5 have been submitted but we have no idea when it will be approved. Hopefully the wait won’t be long be we’ll see. Check back here for updates.
So if you have purchased Pro 2.x or Express 3.x from our store, please update now. For you Mac App Store customers, hang in there. Your wait should (in theory) not be too long.